Skip to main content
What kind of books will I find in the Library?
- Reference materials such as encyclopedias and specialist dictionaries can give you a starting point for your research and help you to define your search terms.
- Textbooks can provide a broad overview of an unfamiliar topic and point you to further reading.
- Academic monographs will provide more indepth information on a topic.
How can I find books for my topic?
- An excellent place to start finding books on your topic is your module reading list. Have a look at the Getting Started page of this guide for advice on finding and using your reading list.
- You can search across the Library's print and e-book collections using Library Search. Search by author, title or the key-words of your topic.
- Find out more about accessing our e-book collections on the E-books: Getting Started Guide
How to find books via Library Search